Our values are expressed through the practices of:
ENGAGING WITH GOD
We value a real, personal relationship with God, expressed through such activities as worship, prayer, and listening to Scripture.
ENGAGING WITH THE WORD
We understand Scripture as being a word from God, and thus listen to the Bible as an authoritative voice that can actually transform our thinking, attitudes, and actions.
ENGAGING WITH ONE ANOTHER
We value people in all their differences as being created in the image of God and thus we want to foster real, honest relationships with one another, face to face community in its many forms. We desire to be a welcoming, open community.
ENGAGING WITH THE WORLD
We value the entire world in all its cultural differences as a creation of God, an object of His love, a broken world for whom Christ died. We seek to engage in the needs of the world, not only through prayer but also through action, including the needs of individuals, seeking justice in society, and creation care.
Our teaching is consistent with the traditional creeds of the church as we are officially a part of Baptist Union.
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Thank you for considering a donation to the ministries of Communitas International Church of Riga.
There are currently 2 ways to do this online:
1. International Bank Transfer or Domestic (Latvia) Bank Transfer
Bank Account information
Name of Account: Rigas Internacionala baptistu draudze
Account Number: LV82HABA0551004039270
Church Address: Marupes iela 16
Name of Bank: Swedbank AS
SWIFT CODE: HABALV22
Bank Address: Balasta Dambis 1A, Riga LV1048, Latvia
Communitas email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
US Dollars and other currencies can also be accepted.
- TransferWise provides a simple step by step to transfer money internationally.
- Fees charge will seem high. The fees are reasonable for this service.
- Please use the same bank account information as given above.
We hugely appreciate your partnership with us!
Communitas International Church of Riga is not a registered charity outside of Latvia and therefore donations are not tax deductible outside of Latvia.